Two weeks before your Beanie Day
- Pick a date: Beanie Week runs from June 27 - July 1, but any time is a great time for your event. Work out what date best suits you and your guests, and get planning!
- Where: At home? At the office? At school? After the match? Wherever!
- Register your Beanie Day Event
- Invite: Send invitations to all your friends through social, email, sms or carrier pigeon. Get the word out!
- Awareness: Place an ad on your work intranet, email signature or school newsletter asking for support.
- Set your goal: Aim high when you set your fundraising target, and ask your family and friends to donate on Beanie Day.
One week before Beanie Day
- Be Prepared for Beanie Day. Put on your thinking beanie and come up with madcap fundraising ideas, decorations and activities to put the FUN in FUNdraising. If it's a class or school event, ask the kids for ideas, or check here for a head start.
- RSVPs: Follow up with your invitees for RSVPs. If they can't come to your Beanie Day Event, perhaps they could make a donation instead?
- If it's your class or school's Beanie Day, send a note to remind students to wear a beanie and bring a gold coin donation.
On the day
- Beanie Up! It's time to pull on the beanies and begin the fundraising!
- Take photos and post them on social media using the hashtags #mhfbeanie or #beanieforbraincancer
- Collect your Beanie Day donations
- Have fun!
After Beanie Day
- Bank the money! Once you've collected the funds, follow the instructions given in your package.
- Celebrate! Let your guests and donors know how much you raised in our fight against brain cancer.
- Back pat! Give yourself a big pat on the back. Well done!
Ready to get started?
Are you ready to register your Beanie Day and help us in the fight against brain cancer? All Beanie Day organisers get access to great information to help kick-start their fundraising, including hints and tips, theming ideas and facts and information to help make your event stand out. We also have a number of downloadable resources available, including posters and flyers to assist in promoting your event.